As of May 25, 2018, things are going to change…..The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) continues to have major effects on the Internet. As of May 25, WHOIS information that is publicly accessible and available will be limited to
- the domain name,
- the owner’s organization (if any),
- the owner’s state or province and country,
- an anonymous email address or web form (for forwarding an email communication),
- name servers,
- information regarding the domain name registrar, and
- the domain’s creation and expiration dates.
There will be no real names, telephone numbers, or email addresses for direct communications with the domain name registrant. All other information will be available subject to accreditation. Stay tuned as there are not yet any “accreditation” standards. Click here to read Judith Keene’s article on the updates to The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).